After Friday’s team lunch (my first Friday Lunch) I noticed a new development in the area, Collection 45. Always being a fan of the Mount Pleasant community I decided to visit their website over the weekend. I was quickly impressed with the unique architectural design of the building and was soon wishing I was able to purchase a home in the ‘architectural sculpture’.
Collection 45 is a 6-level condo development in the heart of the vibrant Mount Pleasant community, located on 8th avenue and Main Street. But what is especially astonishing about this development is the unique two-level ‘scissor’ suites. The two levels in these suites are connected by a staircase that stretches up and over the main-floor corridor, maximizing space and giving you a townhouse in the sky kind of feel. Each two-bedroom suite expands from the north to the south side of the building maximizing beautiful downtown/mountain views and natural lighting.
This very unique architectural design is going to be a great addition to the community. The west facing suites are set back for better views and lighting. The building also includes strategic solar shading on both the west and south side of the building. Also the building was designed in an interesting folding nature to soften the height of the new structure to not overpower existing developments.
I can’t wait to see the finished development!
- A 20-foot landscaped breezeway runs alongside the building, inviting passers-by to experience the architecture from all angles.
- Innovative solar shading on the south and west facades keeps residents comfortable year round.
- Rooftop green space providing stunning views of Downtown Vancouver
- Five retail and office units contribute to the neighbourhood’s vibrant creative character and rich mix of small businesses.
- European-inspired design blends modern appliances and cabinetry with the room’s contours and contemporary decor.
- Matte lacquer cabinetry is paired with modern wall-mounted faucets in the bathroom
- Prices between $319,000-$720,000