Senior Building Designer – Single Family Wood Frame
compensation: $70,000+ depending on skills and experience
employment type: full-time
Do you know how to translate ideas for beautiful, luxurious homes into finished product? Do you yearn to find a team who is eager to learn from you, can share your values and even knows how to poke fun at themselves?
Well look no more….
We are a boutique home design firm with a novel idea. Make the experience of designing and building ONE OF A KIND homes enjoyable. We’ve proven it can be done and now we seek that special individual with a rare combination of skills.
Maybe you are semi-retired and want to keep working cause you can’t sit still. Maybe you have your own business and too many clients. Want a break from the admin hassle and get back to what you love about design? Are you interested in personal development?
Then you may have found your dream job!
VictorEric has been named among the Top 5 Best Employers in BC two years in a row. We are a values-driven organization committed to excellence and fun.
- Design: Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Building Codes and By-laws: Must know Vancouver building codes, municipal laws, and inspection routines.
- MUST HAVE MIN. 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH VANCOUVER RS-1 & RS-5 ZONING BYLAWS AND PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESSES
- Self taught, Vocational school or two years of additional course work in a technical school, college, or university with major course work in architectural drafting;
- 5 to 10 years of solid design experience with single family, wood-frame construction
- Supervisory experience
- MINIMUM 10 years full-time experience with AutoCAD- 2 years full-time experience with Google Sketchup, Revit experience a plus
- Experience in architectural drafting and design or any equivalent combination of training and experience; able to assemble a working drawing package;
- Proficient knowledge of MS Projects, Excel, TimeTask, Revit, AutoCad and Sketchup. 3D Rendering or Photoshop skills is an asset;- Good design and graphics sense coupled with strong construction detailing knowledge;
- Superior knowledge of the basic principles of architecture, modern building construction methods and materials, and of the preparation of specifications. Considerable knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices, & techniques of architectural drafting;- Skill in designing alterations to buildings & structures and in preparing accurate drawings & specifications;
- Ability to prepare complex schematic drawings from rough sketches and oral instructions;
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions. Mandarin and/or Cantonese a plus.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, reliable, organized and good with record-keeping
Please email resume, portfolio and optional cover letter with subject: Senior Building designer
Thank-you for reading!